About the job
VOX Global is seeking a mid-level public affairs communication specialist to join their Washington, DC. office. This position will work with senior leaders at the firm to build and manage advocacy campaigns, focusing on public affairs, earned media, and thought leadership for our clients. A successful candidate will have experience supporting clients or multifaceted campaigns, excellent interpersonal skills, and will possess strong project management and writing skills.
Vigorous attention to detail and a willingness to be an agile, flexible team player are necessary. The ideal candidate will have a public affairs, public relations, political or nonprofit background. Experience working with media, and project/event management expertise will be prioritized.VOX Global believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilitiesQualifications
- 3-6 years of experience in strategic communications, public relations, public affairs, campaign, or political communications.
- Interpersonal skills, including working quickly, effectively managing a team, negotiating approvals diplomatically, and maintaining composure and production quality under tight deadlines.
- Media relations experience.
- Experience developing and executing campaigns to enhance client reputations and shape public narratives.
- Strong project coordination skills and the ability to recommend and commence work with minimal direction.
- Experience interfacing directly with clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines on time and budget, work under pressure, and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to develop and edit high-quality written materials, including briefing papers, bylines, analytical pieces, website/creative copy, press releases, talking points, and more.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and diverse subject matter, as well as versatility in tone and technique, depending on the author and audience.
About VOXBased in Washington, D.C., VOX Global uses a wide variety of communications skills to deliver messaging that resonates with our clients’ target audiences. VOX Global is part of the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development. For more information, visit www.voxglobal.com .VOX Global is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. VOX Global does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where VOX Global does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy, and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration.
Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding, and research.